You can disassemble the Pride Go Go Scooters into five pieces: the seat, the front section, the rear section, the basket, and the battery pack. No tools are required to disassemble or assemble your Travel Scooter. Always disassemble or assemble your Portable Mobility Scooter on a level, dry surface with sufficient room for you to work and move around—about 5 feet (1.5 meters) in all directions. Remember that some Travel Scooter components are heavy and you may need assistance when lifting them.
WARNING! Do not lift weight beyond your physical capability. Ask for assistance when necessary while is assembling or assembling your Travel Scooter
Disassembled Travel Scooter
- Lock the tiller in the straight ahead position by pushing the tiller lock knob in and turning it clockwise 90°. The front wheel must face forward in order to lock the tiller.
- Remove the seat by lifting it straight up and off of the Travel Scooter. If you encounter resistance when removing the seat, disengage the seat rotation lever and swivel the seat back and forth while lifting up on the seat.
- Remove the battery pack from the Travel Scooter.
- Lower the tiller and tighten the tiller adjustment knob.
- Lift up on the frame release lever until the frame hooks are no longer resting on the lower frame tube.
- Slowly separate the two sections of the Travel Scooter.
NOTE: Before attempting assembly, tilt the rear half of the Travel Scooter slightly back on the anti-tip wheels.
- Use the frame release lever to lift the front section as you align the frame hooks of the front section with the lower frame tube of the rear section.
- Once the frame hooks are over the lower frame tube, lower the front section completely. This will engage the frame lock-up.
- Raise the tiller and fully tighten the tiller adjustment knob.
- Reinstall the battery pack.
- Reinstall the seat and rotate it until it locks into place.
- Unlock the front wheel by turning the tiller lock knob 90° counterclockwise.
WARNING! After assembly, make absolutely certain the tiller lock knob is in the unlocked position before riding your Travel Scooter.